Bonito Tours - Cachoeira Boca da Onça
The farm Boca da Onça is located in Serra da Bodoquena, in the city of, 55 km from Bonito, in the state of South Mato Grosso.
At the arrival is possible to see the infra estructure of the farm, composed by two pools, whirl pool, natural shower, bar, restaurant, lockerrooms, games room, redário. You’ll be welcomed by the team of Boca da Onça. The guide Will also be waiting to give the informations about the activity.
The activity starts in four kilometers of walk through the preserved vegetation in trails with all the security, going through eleven waterfalls, among them the beautiful Boca da Onça waterfall with 156 meters of free fall – the highest of the state.
The river borns in the farm and forms all the waterfalls. There’s three points to take a bath, one of them is Boca da Onça waterfall.
At the middle of the activity there’s the support place, with a bar, bathrooms and ward.
It’s a pleasant stop to take a look at the vegetation and walls of limestone.
There’s two ways to comeback to the headquarter:
- Through the fascinating stair with 866 steps built along side the limestone wall in the vegetation, where you can have a sight of the Rio Salobra Cânion and the area from the rappel. Truly unforgettable.
- Or the visitor can comeback in a Toyota car – called “Oncinha” with the capacity for 12 people. The car stays in the support place.
This activity as some many others organised by Boca da Onça Ecotur, offers all the safety to the visitor, Who is followed by specialized guides, trainned at the activity and bearing transmitters rádios and backpack with first aid material.
At the comeback a delicious lunch waits for the visitor.
- The activity Boca da Onça is located in the city of Bodoquena, 59km from Bonito. The main access is by a land road.
- Touristic guide during the activity.
- It’s not recommended for children under 05 years old.
- Children until 11 years old are free.
- There’s some wood stairs in a few parts of the trail.
- It requires some physical effort.
- Recommended the use of light clothes, snickers or sandals like papetes.
- There’s a stair with 860 steps, which requires physical effort from the visitor. If he or she doesn’t want to do the walk, he or she can use a transportation.
- Lunch included.
- The headquarter and pool are equiped to welcome people with special needs.
- It’s very important to take bottles of water with you. It also can be purchased at the headquarter or support point.
Duration: 6 hours Distance: 59 Km